We are located in the Sanctuary at Five Points in Roanoke, located at 1217 Maple Avenue, 24016. Click here for directions. For parking tips, check out our contact page.
Uttara Yoga Studio is a supportive, non-competitive, family-friendly environment, located in Roanoke, Virginia, where all styles of yoga are celebrated, and everyone is welcome. Hatha yoga is for anyone who wishes to become more flexible, strong and balanced.
At Uttara Yoga Studio, our primary focus is to help our students to achieve their personal goals, to attain good health, and become aware of their ability to create and direct their experience here on earth.
What does the name mean?
Uttara (oo-ta-ra) (Sanskrit); other; crossing over.
Yoga (yo-gah) (Sanskrit); union; to yoke; integration
Most people experience “union” or are “yoked” to their jobs, families, responsibilities, communities, possessions. At Uttara Yoga Studio, discover the joy of union with the “other” – yourself.
Jill Loftis & Katie Silcox
Fall 2014-Spring 2015
October 3-5, 2014
October 24-26, 2014
November 7-9, 2014
November 14-16, 2014
December 5-7, 2014
January 9-11, 2015
January 23-25, 2015
February 6-8, 2015
February 27-March 1, 2015
March 13-15, 2015
March 27-29, 2015
April 10-12, 2015
April 24-26, 2015
Study Topics Include:
- Technique in Asana, Pranayama and Meditation
- Classical Yoga Philosophy and The Yoga Sutras
- Yamas and Niyamas
- Tantra and Kriya Approaches to Asana, Bandha
- Pranayama, Meditation, Kriya, Mudra and Mantra
- Techniques for sequencing based on biomechanical and energetic intelligence
- Western & Eastern Anatomy & Physiology
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Assisting, Hands-on and Basic Therapeutics
- The Four Desires (manifesting your intentions in the realm of the worldly and the spiritual)
- Teaching Methodology, Skills & Communication
- The Ethics of Teaching Yoga
- Student Teaching & Assisting
- The Business of Yoga